Last Updated: February 8, 2022
At Signority Inc (“Signority”), we make it a priority to ensure your personal information is kept confidential and secure, and we have strict safeguards in place to protect it. We protect your privacy by complying with applicable privacy laws and regulations in Canada, including the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents. This Policy describes how we collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information of our customers and website users (“you”), describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you or visit www.signority.com and its subdomains (our “Website”), or use Signority’s online software as a service provided through the Website (our “Application”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. We will only use your personal information in accordance with this Policy unless otherwise required by applicable law. We take steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect about you is adequate, relevant, not excessive, and used for limited purposes. This Policy applies to information we collect, use, or disclose about our customers and users of the Website and Application:
- Through the Application.
- On this Website
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and us.
Personal Information: Information about an identifiable individual, in any form. It includes, but is not limited to: race, ethnic origin, colour, age, marital status, religion, education, medical, criminal, employment or financial history, address and telephone number, birth date, numerical identifiers such as social insurance numbers, and personal views or opinions. Personal Information includes Personal Health Information. However, Personal Information does not include “business contact information”, which means information such as an employee’s name, title, business address, telephone number or email addresses that is collected, used or disclosed solely for the purpose of communicating with that person in relation to their employment or profession (“personal information”). Personal Health Information: means any oral or written information about the individual, if the information is received from a health information custodian providing health care to the individual and: Relates to the individual’s physical or mental health, including family health history;
- Relates to the provision of health care, including the identification of persons providing care
- Is a plan of service for individuals requiring long-term care
- Relates to payment or eligibility for health care
- Relates to the donation of body parts or bodily substances or is derived from the testing or examination of such parts or substances
- Is the individual’s health number
- Identifies an individual’s substitute decision-maker
Consent: Informed voluntary agreement with what is being done or proposed. Consent can be either expressed or implied. Express consent is given explicitly, either orally or in writing, and is unequivocal. Implicit consent arises where consent may reasonably be inferred from the action or inaction of the individual.
Collection: The act of gathering, acquiring, or obtaining Personal Information from any source, including third parties, by any means.
Use: The treatment and handling of Personal Information at Signority, including disclosure of the information to Signority’s employees, contractors and agents.
Disclosure: Making Personal Information available to others outside Signority.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect and use several types of information from and about you, including:
- Personal information
- Non-personal information, that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to any identified individual, such as demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from personal information. For example, we may aggregate personal information to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Website feature.
- Technical information, including your login information, audit and traceability logs which may include various information such as IP addresses, your browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
- Non-personal details about your Website interactions, including the full Uniform Resources Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
- Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, for example, by filling in forms, providing feedback or corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise.
- Automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate through our Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect directly from you on or through our Website or Application may include:
- Personal information during registration such as a user name, password, and contact information (such as name, e-mail address, and company name).
- Personal information for security questions to help you recover your password.
- Documents that you transmit through use of our Application or store on our servers through use of the Website or the Application.
- Information that allows us to access other websites or services that wish to interact with our Application or Website.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of signing up to use our Website. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry through our Website and or the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
Information We Collect Through Cookies and Other Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, and other communication
data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address,
operating system, and browser type. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways that you provide to us. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Notably, Signority employs a third party service provider to host the Website, to manage server requirements and to provide a secure billing service. Information provided directly to these service providers which is not provided to Signority is not within our custody or control, notwithstanding that they the information may be provided to such third parties through our website.
From time to time, we may engage other third party service providers to assist with the development, management or maintenance of the Application and our Website. At times, this may require the disclosure of certain personal information. We will ensure that where it is necessary to engage third party service providers to process personal information which we collect, use or disclose, such service providers are bound by contract to take comparable precautions in their handling of such information to those set out below.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us through the Application and/or Website, including any personal information, for various purposes, which may include one or more of the following:
- To register for the Application.
- To present our Website and its content to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provide the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration, renewal and overage notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including our billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide throughout.
- To improve our Website, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features, or similar features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent. We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you, as permitted by law. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, you can advise us that you do not want us to use your information in this way. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Despite the above, Signority will not use or disclose personal health information received from “health information custodians”, as the term is defined in the Personal Health Information Protection Act (“PHIPA”), unless permitted under section 49 of PHIPA, as it may be amended from time to time.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose non-personal information, such as aggregated information about our users, without restrictions. We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this.
- In accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Signority’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Signority about our customers and users is among the assets transferred.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Website improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by use when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
- To enforce or apply our terms of service (https://www.signority.com/terms-of-service/) and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Signority, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Despite the above, Signority will not disclose personal health information received from “health information custodians”, as the term is defined in the PHIPA, unless permitted undersection 49 of PHIPA.
TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may transfer personal information that we collect or that you provide as described in this Policy to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Website improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy. We will ensure that all of your information collected by the Application and Website is processed and stored in Canada.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you have opted in to receive certain emails from us but no longer wish to have your email address and/or contact information used by Signority to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by clicking the link where indicated in our emails, or by contacting us to advise us that you no longer want to receive these emails. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link we have included in the email.
- Account Information. You may at any time access your account profile, and change/update personal information as necessary.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, organizational, and technological measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Examples of the specific measures which we have in place can be provided on request, subject to reasonable limits to ensure the effectiveness of the measures in question. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via electronic means is not completely secure. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and computer. Be sure to log off when you finish using a shared computer or when you leave your computer unattended.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such non-personal information for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. By law you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you. You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Application and visiting your account profile page. If you want us to review, verify, correct, or withdraw consent to the use of your personal information you may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us using the methods provided at Contact Information and Challenging Compliance, below. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
CONTACT INFORMATION AND CHALLENGING COMPLIANCE
An individual who wishes to challenge Signority’s compliance with the principles contained in this Policy should address those concerns to the Privacy Officer. Questions and complaints regarding Signority’s compliance should be made in writing to: By mail: Signority Inc.
Attn: Jane He, Privacy Officer
1000 Innovation Drive 5th Floor
Kanata, Ontario K2K 3E7
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal Information and Personal Health Information should not be submitted with the description of the complaint or other feedback. Signority may, however, request this level of detail during the course of its investigation. In doing so, Signority obtains the appropriate consent as required.
If an individual is not satisfied with Signority’s response to a complaint, or believes that Signority is not operating in compliance with the requirements of PIPEDA, that individual may submit a complaint to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at the following address:
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
30 Victoria St.
Gatineau, QC K1A 1H3
Tel: (819) 994-5444
Fax: (819) 994-5424